COVID-19 Safety Procedures & Protocols for SSWR’s 2023 Annual Conference
We are looking forward to your participation in the Society for Social Work and Research’s 2023 conference in Phoenix, AZ. SSWR’s first priority is the safety and welfare of our attendees, exhibitors, partners, contractors, and staff. We hope this policy will help keep everyone safe and comfortable.
This policy is informed by guidance and recommendations issued by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other public health authorities. Given the evolving nature of the COVID-19 pandemic, this policy is subject to change without notice.
Sheraton Phoenix Downtown Health and Safety
SSWR is working closely with the staff at the Sheraton and expects all attendees to comply with all Sheraton policies and procedures as well as Sheraton’s “Commitment to Clean” – which explains expectations for guests and Sheraton’s own efforts – can be found at https.//clean.marriott.com.
Here is what you should know:
Mask are required for all attendees, regardless of vaccination status, in all conference meeting spaces. Masks may be removed when actively eating and drinking or in private guest rooms.
Proof of Vaccination or Negative COVID-19 PCR Test or Negative COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test
- All conference attendees will be required to go through the Health Check-in Station prior to entering the conference meeting space and registration check-in.
- All persons (age 5 and above) who attend the conference will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 72 hours or proof of a negative COVID-19 Rapid Antigen test taken with 24 hours before entry to the conference meeting space. SSWR is not providing testing services or contact tracing services.
- You will be required to present photo ID and either the original CDC vaccination card, or a clear photo, or negative test result documentation, or a clear photo. For Negative COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test, take a photo of your negative test result.
- Proof of a negative PCR or Rapid Antigen test to be checked only ONE-TIME prior to entry to the conference meeting space. There are NO daily check-ins.
- You are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after your second dose in a two-dose series (Pfizer, Moderna) or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine). Only vaccines approved by the World Health Organization will be accepted.
- Individuals who are unable or unwilling to comply with this policy will not be permitted to attend the conference and refunds will not be issued.
- SSWR will be using the CLEAR app (at no cost to you) to provide a safer experience. With CLEAR’s Health Pass Feature, your COVID-19 Health Check-in is quick, easy, and secure. We will make the CLEAR app available about two-weeks before the start of the conference. If you opt not to use the CLEAR app you may complete a hard copy form (PDF) will be available online or on-site to present at the Health Check-in Station.
- After successfully passing through the Health Check-in Station, attendees will proceed to the Registration Check-in (either pre-registration online or registration on-site). At the Registration Check-in you will be handed your Name Badge. Name Badges must be worn AT ALL TIMES when in the conference meeting space, no exceptions.
Additional Safety Measures:
- All attendees will be required to wear a mask or face covering at all times except when actively eating or drinking, regardless of vaccination status.
- There will not be social distancing requirements.
- SSWR is working closely with the staff at the Sheraton Phoenix Downtown and expects all attendees to comply with all Sheraton Phoenix Downtown policies and procedures as well. Sheraton’s “Commitment to Clean”—which explains expectations for guests and Sheraton’s own efforts—can be found by downloading this PDF.
- For your safety and everyone’s safety, we ask and expect that all attendees who feel ill not attend the conference.
- SSWR will continue to monitor the status of the COVID-19 pandemic and guidelines, restrictions, and requirements of the CDC and other public health authorities and will update its protocols accordingly.
This policy is designed to help make the 2023 Conference an exceptional, safe experience for all. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
SSWR Acknowledgement of Personal Responsibility, Waiver, and Assumption of Risk for 2023 Conference Participants
I acknowledge that SSWR cannot guarantee that I will not be exposed to or contract COVID-19 or other communicable diseases (e.g., “COVID-19”) as a result of or in connection with my participation in the conference, and that exposure to COVID-19 may result from the negligent actions or omissions of SSWR, Sheraton Phoenix Downtown, or others who may attend or be present at the conference.
I understand the risk that I may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by attending or traveling to the conference.
I knowingly and freely assume all risks, both known and unknown, related to exposure to or infection by COVID-19 in connection with the conference and assume full personal responsibility for any such exposure and any resulting injury (including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, and death), illness, damage, loss, claim, or expense, of any kind, that I may experience or incur in connection with any exposure to or infection by COVID-19.
I forever release, promise not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless SSWR, the Sheraton Phoenix Downtown, and all of their respective trustees, directors, officers, staff, and contractors (collectively the “SSWR Parties” and each a “SSWR Party”) from any and all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs, or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating to exposure to or infection by COVID-19 at the conference, whether arising directly or indirectly, now or in the future, including any exposure or infection resulting from the negligent acts or omissions of any SSWR Party.
I agree to abide by all COVID-19-related requirements, advisories, orders, policies, procedures, and protocols issued or mandated by SSWR, Sheraton Phoenix Downtown, the government of Phoenix, AZ and Arizona, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and any other partner organization or governmental authority for the duration of the conference January 11 – 15, 2023.
* I have carefully read and fully understand all provisions of this release, and freely and knowingly assume the risk and waive my rights concerning liability as described above.