Continuing Education Units (CEUs) will be avaialable for SSWR workshops, roundtables, papers, symposia, plenary sessions, and all of the Thursday morning sessions (research methods workshops and special sessions on research priorities and capacity building). SSWR’s application to the National Association of Social Workers (NASW) for continuing education units for the 2015 conference is pending. Please note that not all states accept NASW-approved CEUs. We advise you to check with the organization that is responsible for your state license renewal that NASW-approved CEUs are acceptable by your state before you sign up for CEUs.
CEU registration fee is $25.
GENERAL GUIDELINES AND INFORMATION TO CEU REGISTRANTS:
To facilitate our CEU process, please make note of the following important information and guidelines:
- Your CEU form will be included in your registration packet when you check-in onsite.
- As state licensing requirements vary from state to state, we strongly advise you, before you sign-up for CEU’s, to check with the organization that is responsible for your state licensing that NASW-approved CEUs are accepted by your state before you sign up for CEUs.
- Participants must remain throughout entire sessions to receive credit. No partial credits will be issued.
- If you are a presenter, please note that the NASW policy is that you may NOT receive credit for the session(s) in which you are presenting.
- CEUs are not available for attending poster presentations, exhibits, SIG meetings, and receptions.
- All CEU forms must be completed and turned in ONSITE at the SSWR registration desk by Sunday, January 18, 2015, 12:15pm. No CEU forms will be available and/or accepted after this time.
- CEU forms sent via email, mail, or fax during or after the conference will NOT be accepted. All CEU forms must be turned in-person as there is a “sign-out” process that will require the participant’s signature (proxies not accepted).
- A refund of 50% of the registration/CEU fees will be given by SSWR in the event of cancellation, if the cancellation notification is received by the deadline (January 8, 2015). Refunds are not possible after the deadline.
- CEU certificates will be emailed to you after a minimum of eight (8) weeks after the conference has concluded.
For questions regarding about the CEU process, please contact DeeJay Garringo, Program Director, at email@example.com.