NEW PROGRAM FOR 2024!
SSWR 2024 Annual Conference
Call for Proposals
Submission Deadline: Sunday, October 1, 2023, 11:59pm, Pacific Time
What is it?
The Innovation Incubator is a place to receive mentorship in support of a research idea under development for funding support. It provides a space where scholars can workshop an idea, receive feedback, and strengthen their research ideas. The Innovation Incubator also expands a member’s network of scholars who may provide ongoing feedback in support of innovative ideas that address pressing social problems.
How does it work?
Participation in the Innovation Incubator is through a competitive, peer-reviewed process. Co-chairs of the Innovation Incubator program will select up to 10 proposals to participate in two 90-minute structured mentoring sessions at the SSWR Annual Conference. Participants must commit to attending both sessions. Sessions will include brief participant presentations of their idea, large group feedback, and small group discussions.
What do I submit?
You, the author, submits ONE (1) PDF file that includes two 1-page documents, a Specific Aims page, and a Letter of Intent.
The Specific Aims page should include:
- Background + Significance
- Project description + Rationale
- Specific study aims
- Expected Outcomes/Impact
The Letter of Intent should:
- Identify a potential funding mechanism
- Assess feasibility of your proposed work within the proposed funding mechanism
- Provide questions for the mentors
We recognize these submissions will be works-in-progress and your ideas may not be fully developed; in fact, we anticipate that documents will be in draft form. However, your submission should represent a beginning level of critical thinking about the phenomenon under study with sufficient clarity for participation in the Innovation Incubator to yield results.
Reviewers and Mentors
During the online submission, we will request the author identify up to 3 known SSWR members who could serve as reviewers and mentors during the conference session and beyond.
- Completeness of materials
- Strength of knowledge evidenced of the phenomenon under study
- Focus on anti-racist/anti-oppressive scholarship
- Clarity of writing
- Critical thinking evidenced in questions for mentor
- Availability of mentors
SSWR members who have completed a PhD/DSW and are employed full-time in a position that has research expectations (e.g., faculty, research organization). Preference will be given to individuals working in minority-serving institutions.
- Please read this call for submissions (https://sswr.org/2024-conference-home/call-for-proposals-innovation-incubator/ )
- Submit online at Confex submission site at https://sswr.confex.com/sswr/2024/incubator/cfp.cgi.
- The deadline isSunday, October 1, 2023, 11:59pm, Pacific Time.
- Your proposal shall include ONE (1) PDF file that includes two 1-page documents, a Specific Aims page, and a Letter of Intent. Each document shall be no more than 1 page, single-spaced, Times New Roman, 12pt or Calibri 11pt, with 0.5-inch margins. Combine the specific aims page document and letter of intent document into one PDF. Please name your file using this file name protocol: “LastName_FirstName_Incubator” (for example, Jones_James_Incubator)
- On the Confex submission form, please provide up to 3 known SSWR members (with their name, institution, and email) who could serve as reviewers and mentors during the conference session and beyond.
- Upon submission, please check your email for the confirmation that comes from email@example.com.
Confex Submissions Site
Deadline to submit proposals
Sunday, October 1, 2023, 11:59pm, Pacific Time
For membership status and submission questions contact A. DeeJay Hastings, CAE, program director, firstname.lastname@example.org.